Onmar was founded in 2009 but have its roots in an almost 100 year old passion for marketing, design and production of locks and latches. Since the 90´s we are truly focused on the marine leisure boat industry. Onmar’s product portfolio is a result of long term dedication to boat manufacturers all over the globe. Our company culture, vision and offer are expressed as “Onmar - enhancing brand value”.
History in brief
- 1918. Möbellås AB founded in Eskilstuna, Sweden. The company designs and produces locks and latches for the furniture industry.
- 1960´s. The company introduces its first marine products.
- 1990´s. The company is re-branded to Mobella, starts a branch in US and shifts focus from furniture to marine leisure boat industry.
- 2003-2009. Mobella acquired by Southco Inc. Southco Marine is founded as division within Southco. Expansion and development of the product portfolio under the tag line ”One look, one lock”.
- 2009. Southco closes its operation in Sweden. Onmar is founded as a Southco Marine partner by the core management team from Southco Marine and Mobella.
- 2010. Onmar is certified in accordance with ISO 9001 & ISO 14001. Expanded commitment for developed products and applications throughout the lifecycle of the boat is achieved by releasing aftermarket service.
- 2013. Onmar launches product modifications and custom solutions to meet customer requests.
- 2017. Onmar launches it´s tag line “Onmar - enhancing brand value”.
Onmar´s offer and commitment
- Marine graded products, developed and produced with the marine environment in mind.
- Integrated design concepts for boat manufactures and naval architects
- Application design with both the boat manufacturer and boat owner in mind.
- Global presence and distribution.
- Aftermarket service for boat builders and boat owners.
Onmar´s commitment, actions and products should be perceived as an expression of quality. Our most important measure of quality is our customers' satisfaction. Each delivery should be a recommendation for future business.
Onmar will always work with preventive measures in our processes to minimize pollution or other negative impact on our external environment. Our operations and continuous improvements will be carried out in accordance with relevant laws, regulations and requirements. This policy is the foundation of our environmental objectives and targets.